Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1st grear shift valve body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st grear shift valve body

I purchases a valve boby from SASCO to change my second gear start trans to make it a first gear start trans, the trans is a Borg worner in a 1964 Daytona. When I install it will I have to do anything else to make this valve body work.

CAL

You may want to read this bunch of posts: http://adams.patriot.net/~jonroq/Text/1stgearst.txt from the Bob Johnstone's Studebaker Site Technical pages. OR... Maybe not! Because some members have a different opinion of how to do this.[:0]
    I have always heard I believe from very dependable sources, that it is a "bolt in". But to do it right, the second gear (forward)band should be replaced with a wider one as used in the heavy duty Flight-O-Matic and Power Shift to take the abuse of the 1-2 shift, of course it would make sense even more, if you have a 289 4 Brl. or a "warmed over" one![^]

quote:Originally posted by cbratton

I purchases a valve boby from SASCO to change my second gear start trans to make it a first gear start trans, the trans is a Borg worner in a 1964 Daytona. When I install it will I have to do anything else to make this valve body work.CAL
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
    X