Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harv
    replied
    Thanks so much for the help gents. Looks like an Electric Fuel pump is the way to go on this. I have one on my Cathcart 185 Powered '50 Starlight and it works real well.

Regards, Harv [8D]

StudeBakerHarv

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Harv
    Is there a check valve that could (or, should) be installed in the fuel line between the fuel pump & the carb to keep the Glass Bowl filled?
    1st, you'd have to explain how the fuel "drains" out of the glass bowl with the fuel level is below the inlet and outlet of the bowl. [:0]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• GTtim
    replied
    Consider that the cranking time necessary to get the fuel back up to the carb allows the oil to be pumped up and pressurized before the engine fires. That's a good thing.

Tim K.
    '64 R2 GT Hawk

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    Gasoline today is blended for fuel injected cars and will evaporate quickly when sitting. Most any carbureted car will have the same problem today. As already said, about all you can do is add an electric fuel pump.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Only way to beat that these days is to install an electric fuel pump, either main line or auxiliary and let it fill the carb before starting.

Bob Johnstone
    www.studebaker-info.org

64 GT Hawk
    55 President State Sedan
    70 Avanti (R3)

Leave a comment:

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    I've noticed the fuel boiling in my filter from the heat off the engine. I would imagine that the vapor from the fuel bowl in collected in the return fuel line.

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
    Oakville, Ontario.
    Hamilton Chapter
    See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    started a topic 64 GT R1 Fuel Feed

64 GT R1 Fuel Feed

Gents,

I have a '64 GT R1 "Super Hawk" that is a bear to start after it sits for a few days. I have noticed that the Fuel Filter Glass Bowl is empty and is refilling as I am cranking the engine. Of course, once it is full the engine fire right up. Is there a check valve that could (or, should) be installed in the fuel line between the fuel pump & the carb to keep the Glass Bowl filled?

Thanks, Harvey [8D]

StudeBakerHarv
Working...
X