Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Directional Signal Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directional Signal Switch

I am looking for a good directional signal switch, Type C, Studebaker Part NO. 1551930. I have checked SASCO, Myers, Stephen Allen, Stude International. Nobody seems to have this part. Would be a good part to reproduce. It contains the cancelling part for the directional signals and I'm sure a lot of folks could use a new one, like me!!

Any ideas or does anyone have one they would part with?

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

What model does this switch fit?
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention the models it fits. Specifically its for a 1963 Champ Pickup. The Parts Catalog says it fits all 61, 62, 63 and 64. In fact, no other part is shown for these years, so I imagine that this was the only switch that Studebaker made for these years. It appears to be made of plastic/nylon, and is used for the cancellation of the direction signal.

Comment

Did you ask Studebaker International about part 800478 shown on page 129
        of their catalog? It is described "Cancel.1961-66 car all models except Avanti
        and truck".

1950 Champion Starlight
        1963 Hawk GT
        Santa Barbara
        CA
        The 1950 Champion Starlight
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

Sorry about that. The description should read "Cancel. 1961-66 car all models
          all models except Avanti. Truck:6E-8E 5,7,10,12 "

1950 Champion Starlight
          1963 Hawk GT
          Santa Barbara
          CA
          The 1950 Champion Starlight
          Santa Barbara
          CA

Comment

AAHH HAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Starlightchamp.... You win!!! Thanks. I called myself "meticulously" going through their catalog, but never saw it! That's what I like about this Studebaker chat... it always comes in handy!!

Joyeaux Noelle!!

Comment

If you still can't find one, call Tom Karkiewicz in South Bend. He may have a good used one. He had one for my 63 Daytona (harness included) in excellent condition for $45 - guaranteed for 30 days. I put it in and it works great. Tom's number is 574-287-5934. Nice guy... very helpful. Good luck

Jim's pride....
              1963 Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thanks guys... It was where it was suppose to be in Studebaker International' s catalog. Ordered it this morning. Again, thanks to everyone who helped.

Comment

Working...
                X