Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

60 Lark MC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark MC question

When I disassembled the MC it was so gunked up and nasty that I could tell where all of the parts went. Most are easy to figure out but I don't know where the rubber piece(circular w/hole)in the lower left hand corner of the pic goes. Anyone?
    1960 Lark 2 door sedan \"Ethel\"

Dont skimp on safety. If it was all gunked up as you say, its probably pitted from corrosion too. Buy a new cylinder & have the piece of mind being safe. Flush out all the lines & you'll no doubt find the same "gunk" in all the wheel cylinders too. Replace those too, or have them sleeved in brass or stainless followed with a rebuild kit.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I already honed out the master cylinder and removed all of the pits, same goes for the wheel cylinders. The original stuff holds up amazingly well.

Comment

If you honed the pits out you may have enlarged the bore. The cyl. may be ok for a while but I wouldn't put too much faith in it. New ones are available on e-bay for 35$, jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Since no one else answered your original question... that rubber disc with the hole is the FIRST thing to go in the bore.
          It is quite difficult to remove (usually)... so I suggest you go fishing... because your original one might still be in there!

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
          Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
          Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Ray, that's funny you mentioned going fishing. I hadn't seen the old one until after I bead blasted the MC and I saw it laying on the floor by the bead blaster. I don't know when it came out, but it did. I think the bore is still OK for awhile since the parts are originals and the car only has 60k on it. I plan on converting to a double cylinder soon anyway. I'm just trying to get the ol' lady on the road again for now. Thanx so much for the help

Comment

Working...
            X