Rubber floor covering-page 85 in S I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber floor covering-page 85 in S I

Has anyone used one of the rubber mats in a 1950 2-door. For $160 I want it to fit. I want auto carpet which I can sew and install myself but since the M/C is only accessable through the floor I am considering going with the rubber floor covering and buying some nice mats. I am not interested in putting a remote fill system on the M/C in the near future.

Thanks for any input as to how well the floorcovering works.

Jimmie
    Orleans, Indiana

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Jimmie

The fellow that did my interior in my 39 Ford coupe installed the carpet over an underlayment. He cut a round hole in the carpet to access the M/C plug in the floor and provided a plug of the same carpet and underlayment he installed.

He them fashioned a rubber piece, that looks like any standard rubber heelplate that is normally installed on an OEM carpet, and used Velcro to attach it to the carpet.

Looks great, and all you need to do to add fluid is pull off the heelplate and plug and add fluid.

Email me if you need pix or two.

He did a great job []

Bob

Comment

Those rubber floor mats sweat underneath. My 48 had rubber floor floor mats when I pulled it up most of the floorboard came with it.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
      Middle Tennessee 37th Annual Car Show April 4 2009

Comment

Working...
      X