Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

31 STUDEBAKER 6, MODEL 54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 STUDEBAKER 6, MODEL 54

My Father has owned this car for many years. It has, what he thinks is the original carb, Zenith, which I know is wrong. Can anyone tell me if he is correct, or not and if not, what the original carb is? Also, if you have any info on locating one, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for any info!

Jill

Some pre-war experts visit the forum from time to time. You might want to check with Chuck at Waretown Auto and Marine in Waretown, NJ. (609)693-7934. He probably has one rebuilt and ready to swap.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 Commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

My limited pre-war information is showing Stromberg UR-2. That's not to say they couldn't have used some Zeniths, they did so at various times.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
      Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
      X