No announcement yet.

T-10 backup light mount and switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: T-10 backup light mount and switch?

1963 Avanti 4 speed I need above, switch p/n 1553052 and mount bracket p/n 1553199. I don't know if they are the same on other Studebaker cars. Thank you.

I thought they were the same as the other T-10s. Check to see if you need the linkage as well!
    Rob in PA.

Comment

Thank you, I looked at 63 Corvettes T-10's and it looks like it is the same. This car has a Hurst shifter which I will have to figure something out on the installation. It looks like Hurst has them for the shifter P/N 2480003. Thanks again.

Comment

I took this off of my 62 Hawk GT V8 with GM pattern T10 with bracket attached and the linkage set to the side. Wires are missing as they were brittle and broke off. I looked for stamped part numbers but did not find any other than a 728 on the switch itself. I had the Hurst Competition plus shifter and this worked fine with that in what looked to be a standard mounting. It is the same as my 62 'Vette T10 and the switch itself seems to be available. The bracket and linkage might be a little harder to locate but not impossible. I think it was a standard for most T10's in that period no matter what it came in. The Hurst switch works too and is very simple if you don't mind it not being "correct" and of a lesser quality (in my opinion). If you go with the Hurst option, you might consider shrink wrapping it before you install to help keep the elements out. I don't know if this helps you out much but hopefully it will get you a little closer to where you want to go. Good luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T10 Backup switch 1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1976898 Click image for larger version

Name:	T10 Backup switch 2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1976899

Comment

Yes, it helps, thank you very much for your input. Well, the Hurst shifter is not original either, I read the hurst backup switch is on the cheap side, should have been thicker. I will most likely go with the Hurst as it looks easy to hook up. Thanks, again.

Comment

Working...
          X