cabin climatizer hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: cabin climatizer hawk

my underseat{drivers} side heater fan quit running.the passenger side has not worked since i bought the car several years ago.i had the oil changer the same day the fan quit.it appears that an electrical conection could have been knocked loose.question one, where do wires connect to heater fan and are they under the carpet or under the car. i cannot see any connections above the floor line.question two, is there a fuse for the heater fan?question 3, i see only one wire coming out of the switch, is there one missing or is the fan grounded to the body?question 3 , is there a heater fan in the fender well?

On my 62 GT, fan is in the passenger fender well. Harness comes up through fender and runs near the cowl, under the hood. There is a fuse under the dash, behind the fan switch, maybe it blew?

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C0739C5-3EB4-4324-AFF3-A0B0237CDD98.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1975031
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Topper2011; 01-24-2023, 01:13 PM.
    "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

WHAT YEAR "Hawk" are we talking about: 1956 to 1964 ??

Question # 3 : Yes on '56-'62 Hawks, the Passenger Side Heater Fan is connected to the Fender Door Air Duct inside the Right Fender.

There is Only One Wire on any single speed Motor or ANY electrical devices, as ALL of them are Grounded to the Battery (-) through the Body, Frame and Engine.

The Defroster Fan Motor and Heater Fan Motor run at Two Speeds accomplished by a "slow-down" Resistor for Low speed on the Switch.

Your Left Side Heater is a Optional Accessory rarely ordered for Extreme Climates, it's Fan will be under the Floor with the Heater Core.
      The Fuses are mostly all on the Switches or in line on the Wire like the Radio, but Headlights use a Circuit Breaker.

You can always find where a Wire goes, by following it or looking for it's matching Color Coded Wire where you "Think" it should go.

If in doubt, use a Test Light to find out.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 01-24-2023, 01:51 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What do you use for the hose from fan to heater? Where do you buy them?
        Thanks, Rafe

Comment

• Topper2011
          Topper2011 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got mine from Studebaker West. I don't think they have anymore as Carl told me I bought the last of it. It's tough stuff, but expensive and barely fits around the ducting. I had to lay it in the sun for awhile to fit it over things.

• StudeRich
          StudeRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct NEW Wire re-enforced Rubber Air Ducts are at Studebaker Vendors for the last 50 Years.

I used flexible aluminum dryer duct, painted flat black.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

studerich, only the 60 was designated solely as hawk.my hawk has an underseat heater on both sides. is the wiring under the carpet or under the car?thanks for the response

Comment

• StudeRich
            StudeRich commented
            Editing a comment
            See post # 7..
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-26-2023, 05:25 PM.

The 1961 Hawks were ALSO named "Hawks" !
          MOST still refer to "Hawks" as, to mean: ANY 1956 to 1964 without a YEAR stated.

Sorry that apparently, None of the 6 or 7 Tips in Post # 3 about your Car in less than 1 Hour, were ANY Help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61 Lt. Blue1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1975390
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

your post was of some help, but most others were about ducting and hoses.

Comment

Working...
            X