No announcement yet.

PCV conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My setup works great. I have no baffle under the block off plate, I have a hose from it to a tee between the valley pan and PCV in the manifold. I have no added oil consumption. Yes, I use to have a AFR meter in each cylinder bank, I currently only have one, because I ran out of places to mount gauges and wanted to add a different gauge. I only have room for eleven gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk GT SS View Post
      For what it's worth. (link below)
      That's what I have read before, hence my preference to use the front port.

Comment

• Hawk GT SS
        Hawk GT SS commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. The front port is the way to go if available.

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
      My setup works great. I have no baffle under the block off plate, I have a hose from it to a tee between the valley pan and PCV in the manifold. I have no added oil consumption. Yes, I use to have a AFR meter in each cylinder bank, I currently only have one, because I ran out of places to mount gauges and wanted to add a different gauge. I only have room for eleven gauges.
      I may make a baffle for the block off plate I have to play it safe. I'll look into it and see if it's doable. I would like to not draw from the rear of the inside of the valley cover, as the fumes are passing the oil draining back. Taking it from the front may be the answer. I did look into fabing up something that would have a tube running down the inside rear but then it would take up valuable space in the drain hole. As I mentioned before, the R series oil pan with the extra venting is pretty good.

I'm interested in the AFR setup you use. Do you still have the sensors for each bank? What brand of sensor, and do you like them? What brand of gauge do you use for the AFR? Have you thought of a switch to use the same gauge, but to read each bank at will? This is often done for oil temp for different locations.

Thanks

Comment

I hadn't thought of switching O2 sensors in order to use the same meter. I only had the two so I could read them simultaneously, they read so very close to one another most of the time, I figured having both was redundant. If I remember right the sensors I used were Subaru wide band units. I don't remember a brand on the meters but they were cheap seven years ago, around $35 each. They're basically just voltmeters with a display logic conversion to read as AFR.

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
          I hadn't thought of switching O2 sensors in order to use the same meter. I only had the two so I could read them simultaneously, they read so very close to one another most of the time, I figured having both was redundant. If I remember right the sensors I used were Subaru wide band units. I don't remember a brand on the meters but they were cheap seven years ago, around $35 each. They're basically just voltmeters with a display logic conversion to read as AFR.
          Thanks, I have looked into some meters, but trying to find an analog display to match the other gauges raises the cost. I guess if I want the info it doesn't have to be analog. Now, if I make a new Stude I won't be so concerned about keeping it stock, or period looking.

Comment

• bensherb
            bensherb commented
            Editing a comment
            My gauges; AFR meters, tach, fuel, oil pressure, coolant temp, trans temp, volt meter, clock, ambient temp and underhood temp are digital. Two are analog; a GPS speedo and vacuum gauge. Four are a "combo" gauge, that I built, in one large 3 5/8" gauge case . Seven are
            2 1/16" and three 3 5/8".

Just looking at some of the posts I've made on the other PCV thread, for 170ci, and I have used a manifold port for a PCV, but that was on an OHV 6 and therefore; it was centered in the manifold, just under the carb. So, I'm not against the idea of using a manifold port, just would like to use the best location that is available, to my understanding.

Comment

Working...
          X