Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmarshall
    replied
    I rebuilt my carb about 1-1/2 years ago. I used only one gasket, and haven't noticed any leakage. I sealed the prescribed screws as per the manual.

========================
    63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
    Martinez, CA

Leave a comment:

• WCP
    replied
    Mike, the Edelbrock gaskets seem to be a good match with all the critical holes or openings in the correct locations. I will try treating the gaskets to make them more "wickproof" but haven't decided on the treating material yet. I was hoping someone had already tried a few things, but I guess not. Soft copper might be a good bet for an alternate material but would be tricky to make.

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    I cut a groove in my air horn for an "o" ring. Seems to work well and I picked up some hood clearance.

On its way to a 15.097 Spring 2006.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Some of the air horn screws are supposed to have "Permetex" on the threads when you put it together. See the manual.
    As you mention, two gaskets are used. Can you verify that the Edelbrock gaskets are an exact match? They are available in packs of five - just the air horn gaskets. I haven't taken mine apart yet to check. Mine looks like it has "Permetex" on the gaskets, too. It still seeps a little; when it has gas in it...
    Mike M.

Leave a comment:

• WCP
    replied
    I think it just went by me! I do my best thinking lying down, but the impact of the oil pan on my forehead when I suddenly sit up tends to erase all thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Billy
    replied
    Ya, but I sat down until that thought went away.

Leave a comment:

• WCP
    started a topic R2 Air Horn Gasket

R2 Air Horn Gasket

Does anyone have any tricks for reducing fuel staining or seepage at the air horn gaskets? The gasket pair were tightened to spec. and retightened after a good heatup, but after a few thousand miles the fuel stains show a trickle-down appearance at several locations around the perimeter. I'm planning on regasketing with a pair of Edelbrock gaskets. Any thoughts?
Working...
X