Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Black is relative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black is relative?

This is a simple request [ if you know the answer].
    I have begun to resuscitate my "54" "k" The frame and susspention is relatively good condition [ for being left out in the Mojave Desert].
    My question of you is; what color of black was the original chassi/suspention painted; was it?
    Glossy Black,
    Semi-Gloss Black
    Flat Black
    If you know the answer I would appreciate your help.

Commander One 54

quote:Originally posted by Commander One 54

This is a simple request [ if you know the answer].
    I have begun to resuscitate my "54" "k" The frame and susspention is relatively good condition [ for being left out in the Mojave Desert].
    My question of you is; what color of black was the original chassi/suspention painted; was it?
    Glossy Black,
    Semi-Gloss Black
    Flat Black
    If you know the answer I would appreciate your help.

Commander One 54
    Pretty sure it was semi-gloss black. It was not any kind of high-grade paint in any case.

I think Eastwood, among others, sells a chassis black.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

GORGR! Thank you for your quick response, answering my question on what color of Black is correct for my 54 Commander.
      And here I thought the reason I had no paint on the frame/chassi was because of the giant Mojave Desert sand blaster. My Studebaker came from Los Angeles and then taken to the desert to rust in pease.
      Again Thank You!
      and " Studes to You"

Commander One 54

Comment

Working...
      X