delay wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: delay wipers

I did a search and found nothing about this. There is a " universal" delay wiper switch made by Cole- Hersee. The basic part number is 75601. Get the one for a 12 volt system. There are several suffix number and letter combinations that have to do with the wire color codes, but any of them will work. The switch is available at https://newportwipers.com/product-category/accessories/ at a decent price, along with inverters for a 6 volt system. The switch comes with a function list for the wires to retrofit your motor. This switch is used in big trucks and very dependable.

Back in the '80s there use to be very inexpensive universal delay units available in any auto parts store. They fit just about anything, I put them in several cars. Still have one in my '73 Ford F100, still working fine. Don't remember what they cost, but they had to be CHEAP or I wouldn't have bought them!

Comment

I built a Heathkit wiper delay for my 65 Skylark rag top. Worked fine. The box hanging under the dashboard looked ugly, though.
      Last edited by RadioRoy; 08-03-2022, 06:15 PM.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Studebaker was way ahead of their time.... They have had wiper delay for years... Every time I drove my 52 truck in the rain you step on the gas and the wipers delayed

Comment

Originally posted by IndStudenut View Post
          Studebaker was way ahead of their time.... They have had wiper delay for years... Every time I drove my 52 truck in the rain you step on the gas and the wipers delayed
          So did my 51 Dodge pickup and several of the first school buses I rode in.
          I guess we are discussing intermittent wipers. My truck could use one. The last light rain I drove in, the switch came loose from my turning it on and off. I had to stop and do some road side repairs to turn the wipers off.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Try an electronics shop

https://store.qkits.com/wind-shield-...ml#review-form
            Bill Foy
            1000 Islands, Ontario
            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I have had a universal wiper delay switch on the 56J now for at least 30 years. It still works as good today as when I installed it.

Comment

Working...
              X