Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install : inlet / exhaust manifold on a Commander engine (2R6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Install : inlet / exhaust manifold on a Commander engine (2R6)

I now have a re-surfaced manifold combo. It looks good and shiny.

I wanted to adjust the valves (tappets) while exposed, so removed the valve covers only to find someone had adhered the rear oil baffle to the cover with lots of black goop. The front cover is fitted in place, though weakly supported by the lower cover opening. I'm guessing that the baffles are a light "press-in fit" ? The front baffle looks like someone (or the factory) adhered it to the block surround at the bottom cover opening. It looks like it would easily be popped out. How are the baffles fitted in the valve chamber ? It doesn't look like I can simply place it in there without significant wobbling and dropping into the chamber. Should I use Permatex or equivalent to stick it to the rear valve cover and replace as I found it ? Is there another way ? BTW - the tappets needed a little adjustment to get .016 lash. Most of the settings required increasing the lash for a tight '016 measurement, exhausts > intakes, now all the same.

They just sit in place with no sealer at all. Installing the valve covers pushes them towards the block and iirc up against the shanks of the bolts. They are just splash shields after all.

Comment

Working...
    X