Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 volt od relay conversion

I have seen here...

a wiring diagram for a 6 volt relay conversion using electronic relays, I believe it was linked from a ford truck site originally

I have searched here but cannot find the right word combination to extract from the archives...

thanking in advance

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

I have seen here...

a wiring diagram for a 6 volt relay conversion using electronic relays, I believe it was linked from a ford truck site originally

I have searched here but cannot find the right word combination to extract from the archives...

thanking in advance

Bill Foy
    Bill: That was before the new 6-volt relays were reproduced. They are now readily available as new production units. See Randy Rundle's ad for Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts in any Turning Wheels, or access through his website for current pricing. The same new relays are also available through Studebaker International. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bill, here's the link to the system I'm using

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/article.php?id=040

Some of the components are out of date but others can be substituted.

I have ordered all the parts, just awaiting delivery (and summer) to start. This is supposed to handle up to 10 amps for a short while. However, the OD relay on a 6 volt car uses a No. 10 wire, probably looking at 20 amps or more, so this wouldn't work.

Perhaps some electronically minded CASO can help design a reducer that will handle greater amperage.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      (Under Construction 571 hrs.)
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

Working...
      X