61 Hawk heater hoses ? N8N ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Hawk heater hoses ? N8N ?

Are they standard 5/8" ?..And 3/8" for defroster core ?...How many feet do I need to replace all of them ?

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

In 1959 Studebaker went to 3/4" on the Larks. The Hawks retain the old '53 system with 5/8" Hoses up to 1962 with the under seat Heater Core.

3132X78 Hose Engine to control valve 5/8"X 44"
    3132X68 Hose water pump to Defroster "T" 5/8"X 24"
    3132X38 Hose, Defroster 3/8"X 53" (cut to two lengths to fit)
    536846 Def. Adapter Tee (2)

Not sure about the lengths of the X68 because it gets cut to insert the Tee and continues on to the Heater Core.
    The Parts book shows it as ONE hose, so that length must make two, that has to be what they mean. That's 68 inches total of 5/8".

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Ken thats a job and a half, I bought two rolls of hose and replaced all of them in black. I have the original hoses all in order because my bigist fear was putting them in place wrong. I bought new "t" joints as well. I also invested in some stainless steel clampsGood luck with your Hawk!

Studebakers forever!
      Studebakers forever!

Comment

One other thing thing to consider is the hose routing. On my '62 the hose would go into each core (defroster, seat heater, then seat heater) and then exit to the next core. This would cause a drop in the amount of heat supplied to each core. I chose to use a T connection prior to the three heater cores so that the full amount of heat from the engine was directed to each core.

Comment

Working...
        X