Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plate did not match. The serial number that is on the plate was F101428
    which is not correct.
    When I tried to get my PO they told me it should start with a G.
    I was told about the “ secret serial #” The area where it is supposed to be is rusted and couldn’t see anything. I again talked to the Museum and they said he might be able to find it be engine serial # . So I sent a photo of the engine serial # and a week later he called and said he had found it and it was ready to pick up. The original one that is on the PO is G1017428 goes with the engine # 800808
    Thanks for all the help.
    what a cluster. The BMV said it has been titled that way with the wrong number since the 90s

Comment

The police verified that the engine serial number and PO and the car serial number all went together. That is what I needed to have to get the car titled correctly.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that.
        So I guess you are saying that whatever "Plate" with an "F" was on the Door post, was a Total Fake.
        NOT a Stude. Corp. made in South Bend, Indiana Logo Original, correct Plate.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes total fake.
          I think it was a blank plate and they stamped it .

Comment

I have a new one coming and bought some letters and number stamps to make the correct one.

Comment

OK NOW I remember what happened, this HAS to be the Car we talked about before in another String with a 2R5 1/2 Ton Pickup Serial Number Plate, what Idiots! .

I don't see the Indiana Dept. of Licensing or whatever BMV means, issuing a Title and Registration without seeing that matching New Plate Riveted on the Car and the Bogus one Gone though, I KNOW that would not happen in Wash. or Calif.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 02-05-2022, 08:48 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X