No announcement yet.

Home paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks REAL good now! Looks like you are ready to move on to repainting the satin Black stripe in the center of those body side mouldings now! [B)]
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I didn't believe you when you said you spray painted the car. I wonder how you'd fair with using an air compressor. Good Job! I should get some lessons from you because I have to paint mine another tone of green. Picture below.

1951 Commander Land cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

That looks REAL good now! Looks like you are ready to move on to repainting the satin Black stripe in the center of those body side mouldings now! [B)]
        I was thinking about doing that this weekend since there is no football on
        would you primer it before doing the stripe or will the satin stick pretty well

1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

It's possible to get good results with a spray can... I think J. is living proof.

I once painted the whole side of an '84 GTI with spray cans of engine enamel because I'd made the mistake of removing one of the plastic fender flares to repair some "minor rust." Oops. Ended up having to run to the local junkyard and have them cut me out a piece of fender from a Rabbit. I did get compliments on how well I'd done the job (the door was primered before, so my friends knew I'd painted it) but I didn't brag about the job, nobody else could see all the flaws in it but I could!

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I have a relative that painted his wagon with the output end of a vacuum cleaner. Looked like spackel city. He's in a home, now and doesn't remember yesterday. Just as well.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The Kirby vacuum my grandmother bought in 1950 had a sprayer attachment. I was tempted to try it, but didn't. I almost had the guts to use my air compressor, but chickened out on that too. I don't think painting is my forte, but sometimes I wonder after looking at the things you guys do.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I used to have a Marine Corp Major customer with a '64 VW that he painted Krylon pink!

[img][img]
                Dwain G.
                AL SORAN RACING

Comment

Sorry to high jack the thread, but do you think I could get a decent result with a rattle can when I paint my roof? I was thinking of repainting the roof with a rattle can, and then a wax over that to make it last a little longer till I can afford to do a real paint job.

Dylan
                  '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Nice 61 Lark wagon. I bet it sits low enough that the roof is always visible? Love the colour. Would it polish up?
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Yes it sits low enough to wright a book an the roof while you are standing. Most of the car will polish up good, except for a few spots, such as the roof, that are so thin you can see the factory red primer along with the blue. Along with the roof, I need to paint a replacement passenger side front fender, and the the tailgate glass frame.

Dylan
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

If you can't get a color match on the roof what if you painted it white? No it's not stock but it would help keep the car cooler in the summer.

Jeff DeWitt
                        http://carolinastudes.net
                        Jeff DeWitt
                        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Thats a good idea, I might just do that if I can't find a match.

Dylan
                          Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                          X