No announcement yet.

66 cruiser replacement brake drums needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 3 Henry Js and one of em was an old race car with a straight axle it had a front crosmember that was dropped about 9" the headlights were about 4 to 4 1/2 feet off the ground. i cut the cross member out and still have the front axle (early ford i think), I like my cars low to the ground.

clonelark
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

my henry j has a straight axle, but isn't really high. i didn't want an excessive nosebleed front end. i live in the hills, and neede some kind of stability.its higher than stock, and lets you know its there, but not in your face.

they just keep following me home

Comment

Blue are you sure that you have a flanged axle? not all 65 and 66 cars came with one and this late in time anyone could have changed it over because the flanged ones are hard to come by, also most brakes on the rear of disk brake cars were 10" and not 11" at least all that I have remove and believe me I have removed a few. Good luck I have only had one that I needed to cut the drum and lose the shaft.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Very SHARP looking car Blue. I like the results of your front end changes and the hood safety pins.

Middle TN Show in Shelbyville TN April 4th 2009

Richard Burks
          Middle TN
          53s
          57 Transtar
          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic
          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

its definately 11 inch drums on the car-flanged. the 66 cruiser was a power brake car too if i recall. it sat untouched at gilleys in placerville for years, aside from someone removing the chevy frame mounts.
            i got the hood and grilles at a swap meet in Sacramento, the hood supposedly came from cole cutlers bonneville car-it is reinforced down the center, and has no way to put the stock latch assembly on. I like it because it is the only hint to the uninitiated that it is not just a champion six-although the exhaust should warn people also. I basically was going for a "what if a moonshine runner ran a Studebaker" look

Comment

Blue have you tried Studebakers West in Redwood City? They might have something, I live in Castro Valley and have a nice 66 cruiser parts car engine and trans are gone along with the seats and door panels, you will never see floor pans and nice and new looking as these, I don't think it has the large drums on it in the rear but will look and see, you can call me any time on my cell 510-266-2522.....Bob
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

thanks bob-i'll give you a call next week. from what everyone is saying i think i just want to get rid of those ii's entirely

Comment

Working...
                X