51-52 Convertible Top Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 51-52 Convertible Top Parts

Went to put my Top down the other day, heard a loud "pop", and the top quit moving. After some disassembly, both sides of the "Top Lift Housing Cover" broke. No luck in finding the parts part # 293445, all 4 bushings are shot part # 293468, Luckily, both sides show the same part number. I'm having a couple made up, if anybody has the need for a couple let me know, and I can have more done. I do not have a cost on these yet. I also asked Dan (at the shop) to make the bushings out of Derlin,
    Also, anybody that does have a convertible, you might want to take the lift out and clean out the 70 yearold grease in there. It's some kind of white grease, and in mine as hard as concrete. Hopefully, the photo will post.

Jim
    Attached Files
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Oh, that's just ugly

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Ouch! That must have hurt to hear those pop.

Comment

I used silicone grease when I rebuilt mine. Supposedly it will stay soft and not pick up grease.

However, I've never actually hooked them up. Ingvar Vik strongly recommended that it was better to raise and lower the top manually rather than risk all the fragile hinges.

Comment

Already cleaned out the "original" grease, and packed with the silicone grease, just waiting on the lower parts. I've already replaced a couple of the hinges with some I had made up 20 plus year ago. New ones are a cast aluminum. They should out-live me!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Did you make extras?

Comment

Not unless somebody needs/wants them! I'm going to start "depleating" my stock of parts, and am not looking to "inventory" anything else, if anybody would like a pair, with the bushings, let me know. I do not have a cost yet, but "it is what it is"

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Well I received the 2 lower lift covers back from Dan. Nice new aluminum parts, with derlin bushings. Finished installing them today, top "might" be a little faster, but a whole lot smoother! My power top is now a power top again! Here are a couple of pictures.
                Attached Files

their Memorials!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X