Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Led instrument light bulbs for 64 daytona convertible

Hi friends

i would like to put led bulbs into the instruments for my 64 convertible daytona.. Where can i purchase them? Thanks...keith
    If you want to ride with the Big Dog
    ....keep your pedal to the metal, your nose in the air and paws on the wheel

sigpic

Remember> it's, not about the destination, its about the journey!
    Life's a journey, enjoy the ride
    Keith Wahl , MD 858-518-2190 (C)

Ebay, I replaced every bulb in my car with LED's I bought on ebay. I got enough to do two cars and have some extras for about thirty bucks; but , that was a few years ago. There's also a company in Washington called "Super bright LEDs" but they are much more expensive. I haven't heard anything bad about their product or service, but have not purchased from them myself.

Comment

Keith, are trying to get Transparent Red ones like the Original?
      It will be interesting to see if the LED's you find will be non-directional enough to light wider & better than the originals.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

These work better than any incandescent bulb anywhere. In all directions. BA9s LED Boat and RV Light Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - BA9s Retrofit - 96 Lumens | Super Bright LEDs
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          These work better than any incandescent bulb anywhere. In all directions. BA9s LED Boat and RV Light Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - BA9s Retrofit - 96 Lumens | Super Bright LEDs
          Brad which specific ones would be needed for a Avanti?

Comment

Hawk -

The ones that Brad gave the page number of !

I've also been thinking of going this rout, since my cars dash is apart while I do the new wiring.

Thanks for the info Brad.

Mike

Comment

Brad the light boxes on my Avanti must be full of dust after 50 plus years. Can I just pop two of these bulbs into the boxes to compensate for the dim light caused by the dirt inside of the two boxes?

Comment

Those look like just the thing to fix the dim turn signal telltale in my Lark, and the high-beam indicator. But I presume they are non-dimmable?
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

• BRUCESTUDE
                  BRUCESTUDE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My thoughts exactly-the Lark’s turn signal green lens is impossible to see except at night!

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
                Hawk -

The ones that Brad gave the page number of !

I've also been thinking of going this rout, since my cars dash is apart while I do the new wiring.

Thanks for the info Brad.

Mike
                So Mike, I would just order 9 of these to place in the instruments, clock and vac gauge?

Comment

There are problems that I have found from folks on line, polarity issues, and ill fit into the bulb base, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X