Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Rattle can paint match

Has anyone found a rattle can match to the 289 valve cover yellow? Thanks

You can buy an exact match from the vendors.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

New John Deere Yellow is close enough that I can not tell the difference.

Comment

In the St. Louis market, it used to be a (now defunct) Panda brand color
        called Buttercup.

Comment

About 20 years ago I found a NYBCO (New York Bronze Co) paint that was dead on. Bought about five cans, and just used the last can about a year ago.

I believe this company is either out of business or swallowed up by a larger company. I have not been able to find their products for sale.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Maybe I'm a little lost here, but as gordr stated, our vendors have an exact match available. While it's cool to stumble into something else that fits the bill exactly, why beat your brains out trying find a substitute when the right stuff is readily available?
            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Certainly not beating my brains out, nice to know if I can go across the street to get some for a few bucks.

Comment

Well, just know that it was Only used on 259 & 289's in Late '62, '63 and '64.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I've often wondered if the paint from vendors is heat resistant engine paint? How is durability, chemical resistance? Just wondering how it holds up on a driver or if that's a tradeoff for show correct color.
                  sigpic
                  '89 Ford Festiva
                  '90 Ford F250 4x4
                  '14 Kia Rio
                  '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                  '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

I found the PERFECT match tonight….Rustoleum Gloss Sunburst Yellow. Four bucks and change from Home Depot. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Hunter View Post
                      Maybe I'm a little lost here, but as gordr stated, our vendors have an exact match available. While it's cool to stumble into something else that fits the bill exactly, why beat your brains out trying find a substitute when the right stuff is readily available?
                      The "exact matches" offered by our vendors (which are my first go-to) aren't necessarily exact. I painted my '64 Hawk rims with spray-can "wheel white" paint. It isn't too far off, but it isn't exact. I have some original Avanti rims that I compared to and they are a bit more grayish-white than the new paint.
                      -Dwight

Comment

This is a great thread.
                        No, This is the perfect SDC forum question thread!
                        Had me laughing out loud.
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post

The "exact matches" offered by our vendors (which are my first go-to) aren't necessarily exact. I painted my '64 Hawk rims with spray-can "wheel white" paint. It isn't too far off, but it isn't exact. I have some original Avanti rims that I compared to and they are a bit more grayish-white than the new paint.
                          -Dwight
                          Okay. That's good to know, as I was mostly going on an assumption that everything would be perfect on the vendor front... as my couple of experiences of getting brand or model model specific colors had worked very well. Guess it pays to not ass-ume, eh.
                          Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

present and painful delivery delays make a short drive to a shelf preferable if time is important....

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                              This is a great thread.
                              No, This is the perfect SDC forum question thread!
                              Had me laughing out loud.
                              Yep...reminds me of those “keeping you from becoming your parents “ commercials!

In fact, lots of conversations here do that and I find myself participating.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X