• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to dual master cylinder

Tom
    1960 Lark VIII
    1962 Lark Cruiser
    1964 Cruiser

You want the AMC Matador and Ambassador M/C for DRUM BRAKES, with the lines facing the ENGINE. I think Bob Johnstone's site has the part number.

Other than making an extra line, and FINDING & replacing the the pedal push-rod with one from a Dual M/C Lark Type, it is quite easy.

quote:Originally posted by 259man

What all would be involved in that project and what kind of MC would be a good (and effective) fit?

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you switch to dual master w/front disc conversion, what do you use. I plan on keeping manual unless a brake booster will fit without too much problem.

Comment

It is going to make a difference as to what Model you have.

However, that is a setup that Studebaker and Wagner or Bendix never built, so I do not want to guess what is correct, the other forum members have MANY, MANY posts about these "conversions"!

quote:Originally posted by JDC

If you switch to dual master w/front disc conversion, what do you use. I plan on keeping manual unless a brake booster will fit without too much problem.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks, Rich. I'm going to try to wrap up this brake project once the weather gets warmer and I can move the Cruiser from the barn to the garage! I found out after the fact that my DIY brake pipe flares were not done right, but I did get the car to the barn without incident (or accident)!

Are those type of pedal push rods hard to find?

Thanks again!

[quote]Originally posted by StudeRich

You want the AMC Matador and Ambassador M/C for DRUM BRAKES, with the lines facing the ENGINE. I think Bob Johnstone's site has the part number.

Other than making an extra line, and FINDING & replacing the the pedal push-rod with one from a Dual M/C Lark Type, it is quite easy.

Tom
          1960 Lark VIII
          1962 Lark Cruiser
          Tom
          1960 Lark VIII
          1962 Lark Cruiser
          1964 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
          X