X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hollander
    replied
    thanks for all your feedback,

You are probably right about the front fenders.
    The only trouble is that the chace of finding good or restorable fenders for a hawk in Holland is extremly bad.................
    Luckely we have a very good parts supply here but things like that are to rare unfortunately.

Anyway thanks for helping we will think about what is wise to do

Paul

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    I'm pretty certain that the Hawk side grilles won't mate up to the '54 inner fenders.

As I understand it: '53 and '54 inner fenders (aprons) are the same, '55 are different, and '56 - up Hawk inner fenders are different again.

I'm doing a car going the other way, and I had to seek out some '53 inner fenders. The outer fender panels are pretty much identical, and will interchange, other than for trim holes. I believe there ARE some very slight differences in profile, but if both fenders come from the same year car, they won't be apparent. Might trip you up if you were entering the car in a stock class at a judged show, that's all.

Rather than mess with converting your good '54 fenders to fit the Hawk, you might be better off selling them, and buying a pair of decent Hawk fenders, or even 'glass fenders. There are so many ways to go with this.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bredehoft
    replied
    Side grills might fit, but I think I can guarantee the 57 hood won't fit in between the 54 fenders. (Champion and Commander coupes were the same steel in '54.) If you use the 54 hood, it will all go together, you might be able to do something interesting there....

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 571 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• hollander
    replied
    Okay that is good news!!
    we are just wondering about one more thing about the front fenders, will the silver hawk side grills fit in the champions fenders ore dous it nee a bit if trimming.
    The cars are a 1957 silver hawk and a 1954 champion

Thanks Paul

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bredehoft
    replied
    In a word, Yes. But they gotta be the same body configuration, coupe in this case.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 571 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• hollander
    started a topic body swap

body swap

i am helping someone restoring a 57 silver hawk but we are a bit dissapointed is the state of the body, fenders etc etc....
    I know a very good 55 champion for sale and the question is can we change that car into a hawk.

greetings Paul
Working...
X