Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: GT Hawk quarter window outer seals

Hello folks,
    I just received from SI a new set of quarter window outer seals for the Hawk. Unfortunately, these are not identical to the older ones. They are much taller and have two lips instead of one. So, before heavily trimming them, I was wondering if you had any suggestions about this. I also wonder if the furnished clips can be used for this application as they are slightly different from the old ones.
    Nice day to all.
    Christophe
    sigpic

It might be helpful if you posted pictures...
    Rafe

Comment

Christorhe, please post some pix and your solution as i am in nearly same boat with recently inherited 63 Hawk project. Thanx Doofus

Comment

I will take some pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately, I only have remnants from the old seal and does not know if they really looked like this when new.
        sigpic

Comment

Older Hawks used the "Cat Whiskers" Fuzz strips like the rear quarter Inner ones, but later ones were a Rubber single edge Lip SEAL they're similar to a '64 USA Daytona Hardtop that does have a longer Length.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Rich. That's what I've found on the car. Here are the pictures. If I want the new seals to look like the old ones, it seems I will have to cut a length from the bottom as well as from the top. Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1908431 Click image for larger version

Name:	test1.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1908432
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X