Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 55 coupe

My radiator is junk . Is there a replacement that will fit ? 259 engine

There is this one on e-bay, can't vouch for it.

Comment

thank you for information. that is cheaper than recoring, was hoping for different make that someone might have used.

Comment

As I understand it one from a jeep with chevy V8 will fit with a couple new drilled holes.

Comment

The Jeep CJ Chevy V8 swap radiator will only fit the 56-64 C/K cars. They are a little too tall for the 53-55 models.
          It’s great to see that Champion aluminum radiator being produced - finally a high quality affordable direct swap radiator for these cars

Comment

This is similar to the one I bought for my 62 GT. Not sure it will fit your car. I did have to run through a few lower hoses, but I used a stock upper one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18484391301...8AAOSwz~Fgo3Fr

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4120306.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1908145
            Last edited by Topper2011; 08-22-2021, 09:01 AM.
            "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

Don't try to use one designed for or that works good in a 56 up car. The Champion radiator shown, looks good? If your car is gonna be a driver, then go ahead and bite the bullet. I paid 425 for my 53 radiator, and the same company is over 600 now. But, guess what? First, I wanted the brakes to be good. So spend a little extra to be sure. And it goes on and on with a driver. A show car you can use a little discretion on. A driver sits in 100 degree weather idling in traffic.

Comment

I looked at 56 powerhawk radiator but it was2 inches taller, don't think would clear hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                  Don't try to use one designed for or that works good in a 56 up car. The Champion radiator shown, looks good? If your car is gonna be a driver, then go ahead and bite the bullet. I paid 425 for my 53 radiator, and the same company is over 600 now. But, guess what? First, I wanted the brakes to be good. So spend a little extra to be sure. And it goes on and on with a driver. A show car you can use a little discretion on. A driver sits in 100 degree weather idling in traffic.
                  Flash back is sooo right on this one. Show cars only affect themselves when they go wrong...drivers affect livelihood and the safety of our families. In that mindset, a couple hunnert more is bargain insurance.

and Topper - link your supplier and hose numbers - you could mitigate cooling issues for many!
                  Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

Working...
                  X