Carb cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Carb cleaner

Does anyone have recommended FLAPS sourced carb cleaner? I see a half dozen different brands on the shelf. What is your go-to brand?

I've always used Berryman Chem-Dip: https://www.berrymanproducts.com/pro...parts-cleaner/
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

In the past, I have used Mechanics. Not sure if still available.

Just looked on internet, does not look like it is available. Of course, it has been 15+ years.
      78 Avanti RQB 2792
      64 Avanti R1 R5408
      63 Avanti R1 R4551
      63 Avanti R1 R2281
      62 GT Hawk V15949
      56 GH 6032504
      56 GH 6032588
      55 Speedster 7160047
      55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Berryman works good or the Solder seal product also. Luck Doofus

Comment

I use pine-sol, yep, the crap you clean floors and stuff with. I usually use in in an ultrasonic cleaner ,but it works on it's own too it just takes longer.

Comment

I have used toilet bowl cleaner to get mineral deposits from water out but don't leave it to long it will eat that carb. Luck Doofus

Comment

Gumout has worked for me, been using it since the 70s.

Comment

As far as spraybomb cleaners go, I've always used whatever is the cheapest product available where I'm shopping. They all seem to contain some combination of acetone and toluene; some use methanol too. They've all worked similarly for me.
                Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I bought Gumout spray. Big 1 pound cans. Opened up my AFB and found about a tablespoon of crumbly deposits in the bowls. This carb has not had gas in it for about a decade. Very dry deposits that broke up easily with a popsicle stick. The Gumout spray cleaned it very well after removal of all the crumbs. I did not remove any jets, I just sprayed the heck out of it. I may still need to totally disassemble. Hopefully it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X