Clear All

• Buzzard
    replied
    Works great on my 1983.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post

Bob does the '83 have the save "A" frame as the Studes?...........I was told there is a problem with non-stock front shocks being too long, which results in cracking, then splitting of the "A" frames.
    AFAIK, looks like a Lark frame to me. Just check any shocks you have against the old ones for length both extended and un-extended. Most shock companies should have that data on their websites as an initial data point.

No problem on mine but not a lot of miles.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
    Yes - I'm running KYB gas shocks on my 83 and it rides and handles quite well. Check for numbers in Nate Nagle's notes from the club resources.

https://studebakerdriversclub.com/wp...nformation.pdf

Bob
    Bob does the '83 have the save "A" frame as the Studes?...........I was told there is a problem with non-stock front shocks being too long, which results in cracking, then splitting of the "A" frames.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Too good to be true..............received e-mail that Bilsteins are back ordered in the US:-( Can I go with KYB as an alternative?

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    I use Bilstein shocks on my cars. 71-80 Camaro. Both front and rear. Modifications to the lower mount are needed in the front, and the upper at the rear. Just press in the correct length tube and you're in business. You can't currently buy better.
    Brad just ordered 4 shocks for my Avanti............B4 they arrive would you please be specific as to what mods have to be effectuated to allow me to install same?
    many thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied

You have to look harder. Fronts are BSN-24-011044
    Rears are BSN-24-001564
    Summit racing
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Brad probably meant "1970-81" Camaro & Firebird. That is the second generation of those cars.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied

Brad going to the Bilstein site proves to be a negative, no listing for the years 71-80 Camaro, so whatever you are doing as to ordering seems to be singularly beneficial to you;-)
    You have to look harder. Fronts are BSN-24-011044
    Rears are BSN-24-001564
    Summit racing

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Sam,
    Off the boxes they are packaged in.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied

Bill where are you getting these parts numbers from.
    IIRC, Bill was in the business for many years, including being a Koni dealer and installed them on several Studes personally.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied

Bill nice to have the numbers, but........are they still being made???
    Bill where are you getting these parts numbers from.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

They still come up on a search; even Summit has them or at least will make you go through the effort of placing an order before they admit they don't.

jack vines
    Jack I went to the Summit site, they have these numbers, but I have no idea if they will fit. The rears do not look like they will. Fronts, maybe.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied

They still come up on a search; even Summit has them or at least will make you go through the effort of placing an order before they admit they don't.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    OK everyone. Here are the Koni Part Numbers:
    8040-1087 Front
    8040-1088 Rear
    Sorry it took so long.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    I use Bilstein shocks on my cars. 71-80 Camaro. Both front and rear. Modifications to the lower mount are needed in the front, and the upper at the rear. Just press in the correct length tube and you're in business. You can't currently buy better.
    Brad going to the Bilstein site proves to be a negative, no listing for the years 71-80 Camaro, so whatever you are doing as to ordering seems to be singularly beneficial to you;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X