Headliner bow order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Headliner bow order

Hi, trying to get the headliner in my 64 2dr commander, but cant figure out the sequence of the bows. They are color coded, but I cant find anywhere in the shop manual labeling the order. Can anyone help?!?
    Dan Giblin
    Cincinnati, OH

It is a good idea to label each one, starting from the front 1-5 when they are removed. All you can do now is lay the out and try each one on the front 'til you get the one that seems correct==then start on the 2nd one. I suppose the colors mean something, but I've never seen any reference to it.

Comment

On my 60 Hawk, they got a little longer from the front to the back. Not sure about the 64, but it may be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbsr1 View Post
        Hi, trying to get the headliner in my 64 2dr commander, but cant figure out the sequence of the bows. They are color coded, but I cant find anywhere in the shop manual labeling the order. Can anyone help?!?
        gibbsr1, at the present time I can't easily locate the bows for my '64 F-body (2-door Challenger), but here is the order for my '64 J-body (2-door hardtop). Starting with the bow at the front (closest to windshield):
        Red
        White
        Blue
        Yellow
        Green
        Black

On my hardtop, the ends with the color on them were all on the driver's side.

Hope this is of some help to you.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks, I will give that a shot!
          Dan Giblin
          Cincinnati, OH

Comment

Working...
          X