Seatbelt extenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Seatbelt extenders

I am a big body guy! I have a 1953 Commander Hardtop with lap belts with Studebaker logo on the buckle, except their not long enough to get around me. Does anyone make seat belt extenders for Studebaker seatbelts?
    Last edited by Bud Fox; 07-18-2021, 12:29 AM.

Go to the parts department of a MOPAR dealer that has been around for awhile. They used to stock this type and gave them for free when needed.
    I remember getting some in the not too distant past. I do not remember why, certainly not for my body.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Airlines use them and they have a similar style buckle. They must be available. It might be a little more difficult finding an odd color. Amazon.com: Adjustable 7-24" Airplane Seatbelt Extender - FITS All Airlines (not Southwest) - Free Carrying Case - E4 Safety Certified (Not All Extenders are Certified, Choose The Safe Option): Automotive
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Over the past 50 years there have been several buckle designs from various manufacturers.
        When I was in charge of a fleet of Freightliners we had a very large supervisor who often had to ride with or substitute for a driver, and I couldn't procure an extension that worked, even direct from Freightliner.
        Just make certain a used buckle will work and you can have an upholstery shop add however much webbing you need in your choice of color. And new webbing is definitely desirable.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Studebaker International has 72" belts for extended coverage.

Comment

eBay, Amazon and FB are loaded with all types of seatbelt extenders. many lengths and features.
            Henry Votel,
            Forest Lake, MN
            Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

When I installed the belts in my 64 cruiser I extended the belt on the other end with some galvanized chain purchased from Ace Hardware.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Here is another option. An extender for the lower end of the belt. It would have a bolt part of the way up the belt though. Bolt-in Permanent Car Seat Belt Extender (seatbeltextenderpros.com)
                Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
                X