Champion 170 engine technical data needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Champion 170 engine technical data needed

Good evening I would need help understanding the year of construction of a Champion 170 engine and if possible where to find the relative data of the shaft, connecting rods and pistons in order to rebuild. Thank you
    This is the engine n. 64566
    The casting numbers on the engine block:
    533870-5
    J62

I have most of the technical data you need, albiet in inch dimensions.

However, Studebaker was a leader in publishing their specifications in metric form. The crankshaft journal dimensions and piston-to-cylinder clearances are readily available, but I'll search for the metric main bore and rod big end bore specifications in mm.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

This is a 1955 185 cubic inch engine made for Canadian production.
      "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ruzine. This question would probably have more responses if posted in the "Tech Talk" section. All the info you require will be found in the shop manual. The following is from the 2E through 8E truck shop manual.

Cylinder bore 3" (76.2 mm).
        Rod Pin diameter .7491" - .7495" (19,027 mm - 19.037 mm).
        Connecting rod journal diameter 1.81175" - 1.81275" (46,02 mm - 46.04 mm). Bearing clearance .0005" - .002" (0,013 mm - 0,508 mm).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello Ruzine , welcome to the Forum. As mentioned, technical questions belong in Tech Talk, so I've moved the post there.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X