Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Engine

l have a 1959 j6 hardtop lark . These two brackets confuse me which one is the correct type to be fitted? if you look at the work shop manual (lubrications) it shows the one on the car however the one unpainted came of my first 59 hardtop. What’s the difference please!
    Attached Files

It looks like the unpainted one is flat, so it won't work with what you have.

Comment

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - one is being used now and the other was used on my old 59 lark but has been flattened in error but is also thicker. Just trying to make sure which thickness I need

Comment

You might observe the bracket currently on the car when the engine is running. If the generator has any kind of vibration then maybe the thicker bracket would help prevent that. You have an example of the correct shape, so bending the flat one would be easy.
        -Dwight

Comment

What Dwight said.
          In any case, I'd imagine that either will suit you just fine. It would take a bad imbalance to make the thinner bracket not work well.
          These cars were assembled in many locations. The use of one bracket over another would have been a common practice, when either would work the same in a given application.

Mike

Comment

Use the thick one.

Comment

Thanks to a All appreciate your input

Comment

Working...
              X