Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Vacumn tube ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacumn tube ??

I recently acquired a 1956 Power Hawk that had been sitting for 25 years. The engine is a 259 but has a four barrel manifold. I have carefully gotten the engine to turn over and have rebuilt the Carter carb but am curious about something.
    On the intake maifold between #4 and #6 cylinder there is a T-fitting that I assume is a vacumn port. The fitting is threaded as with most cars but has spring-fitted tube that sits loosely inside the fitting. Where do these two lines connect to and can I replace the spring tube with a threaded tube?

Here's what I think Mike is talking about...

This is a 1960 259 2 bbl, but should be at least similar to yours. A rubber tube goes from the rear connection to the carb throat above the choke butterfly. The choke heat tube slips over the tube that is in the manifold and runs up to the choke housing on the carb.

If this isn't what you are describing, maybe a picture would help.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
    X