1959 Lark VI air filter attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 1959 Lark VI air filter attachment

I recently bought a 1959 Lark VI but I haven’t been able to find the part that attaches the air filter to the carb. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Welcome to the Forum, Miles! And WELCOME to Studebaker ownership!
    It's gratifying to see a new generation stepping up to appreciate our favorite marque.

The '59-'64 Chassis Parts Catalog is perhaps the one I do not have, or did at one time but can not find.
    It, the Body Parts Catalog and the original Shop Manual are available from our Studebaker vendors, and will help you immensely in identifying your correct parts by Studebaker's original part numbers, which is how most of the vendors do their inventory.

Someone here should be able to identify that intake part for you but, assuming you will be driving and enjoying your new Lark for some time to come, do consider making that essential investment.

www.studebakervendors.com
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum, Miles!

It is a Clamp/Adapter that fastens the Beveled opening of the Carter Model AS Carb. to the Air Cleaner Housing.

You probably have a Type 1A, 1547567 Air Cleaner, if so, it takes a 1B, 1548664 Clamp, that IS assuming you have a Dry (Paper Element) Type Air Cleaner, NOT an Oil Bath Type.

You have a "59S", 1959 Stude. with a "170" 6 Cylinder Engine.
      You have not stated yet if it is a: (F4) 2 Door Sedan, (W4 or W6) 4 Door Sedan, (D4 or D6) 2 Door Wagon,
      or (J6) Regal 2 Door Hardtop.

A "4" is a Standard "Deluxe" Trim Model, a "6" is a Top of the Line Trim "Regal" Model.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6 Cyl Air Cleaner Clamp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	1901720 Click image for larger version  Name:	6 Cyl Air Cleaner Clamp0001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.0 KB ID:	1901721
      Just a small sample of HOW Comprehensive, Complete and easy to read the Studebaker Parts Catalogs ARE!

Note: these Medium Size JPG Pictures will enlarge Three Times.

https://studebakervendors.com
      Last edited by StudeRich; 07-03-2021, 09:21 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you. To rockne, I will definitely look into getting a parts catalog. And to Rich, it’s a J6, so you were right about the clamp number.

Comment

Working...
        X