Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel alignment : allen head adjustment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle / Front Suspension: Wheel alignment : allen head adjustment.

What size Allen head wrench goes into the upper, outer pin for adjustment ? Best advise to a generic tire shop ??

Originally posted by jackb View Post
    What size Allen head wrench goes into the upper, outer pin for adjustment ? Best advise to a generic tire shop ??
    I can't help with allen wrench size but instead of a generic tire shop, find a local shop that does trucks and you'll be much happier with the results. Also, take a copy of the manual pages with you.

Bob

Comment

Usually, it's pretty simple to grab the Set of US Size Allen Wrenches, and use the One that fits, approximately a 1/4 ".
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Are you using the Allen as a gauge pin or something, or does it fit an Allen screw?

Best find a truck shop if it's a straight axle.

What are you working on? Do you have the Shop Manual?

Comment

1962 Lark. I have the shop book. I just replaced the front springs & bushings without problem. I had an old timer who was familiar with Stude front ends, but he is gone. I tried my set of Allen wrenches ( 1/4 is missing and likely correct) on the upper pin. I was wanting to prepare the shop before getting the work done. I may have found an old shop to get this done.

Comment

Working...
          X