Trunk hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Trunk hinges

Can you remove the studs that attach the trunk hinge to the body on a 61 Hawk or are they fixed

With my limited knowledge I'd say no. None of the four C bodied cars I have owned had removable studs, I assume it was a welded piece during assembly. I guess you might want to explain why you want to remove them.

Comment

The reason why i want to remove them is so i can replace them with longer studs so the hinges will be able to be lowered and them the trunk lid will hopefully be flush with the body. At the moment i cant put any more shims under the hinges to lower the trunk lid

Comment

I'd suggest that the hinges are worn out as the cause of your problem. Here is a link on rebuilding the hinge. https://studebaker-info.org/Tech/Mer...hinge0714.html Good luck

Comment

Thanks very much for the info will start on the rebuild tomorrow

Comment

Thanks for the rebuild link. This is something I will do in the future.

Comment

Or see this ad on the Studebaker Swap page: (the original ad has photo.)
              For Sale Rebuilt 53 – 64 C/K Trunk Hinges with Springs. Cliff
              studebaker@heathfamily.us

Out in the sticks near Dixie, WA
              Completely rebuilt 53 - 64 C/K trunk hinges. All parts are bead blasted. All pins except #6 are replaced with new, oversize pins. The holes are reamed for a snug slip fit on the pins. On #4 and #6, high-load oil impregnated bronze sleeve bearings are installed. The #6 pin has the large ends that the springs hook on and is cleaned and reused. All parts are primered before assembly and touched up after.

$145 per pair plus $40 core charge refunded upon return of your rebuildable C/K hinges. Plus actual shipping cost.
              Ad Number: 23206
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X