Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Door locks ‘50 champion

Hello all,
    One of my door locks is missing the rod that attaches to the latch assembly. I’d like to replace the lock cylinder assemblies for both doors and have one key that fits both. Can anyone recommend any sources. Used is ok too as long as functional.
    Thx,
    Jim

Is there any difference between the door lock cylinders on a 51 and a 50?

Comment

No there is Not, however a Champion has Yale Locks and Commanders and Land Cruisers have Hurd Locks (with very narrow Key).

It would be much nicer to have ALL Three Locks keyed alike or a matching Set, like they were when New.
      Find out what lock you have on the Ignition Switch and they Can be matched or all replaced.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Flthdchamp View Post
        Hello all,
        One of my door locks is missing the rod that attaches to the latch assembly. I’d like to replace the lock cylinder assemblies for both doors and have one key that fits both. Can anyone recommend any sources. Used is ok too as long as functional.
        Thx,
        Jim
        Using decent steel wire rod (1/8”, etc) you should be able to fabricate something that will work?

Comment

Sounds good thanks. I was surprised reproduction sets weren’t available. I would think this is a common need.

Comment

No need for Repros, most of us (Studebaker Vendors) still have quite a few NOS Original Locks & Keys and Sets.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X