Lockout control shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Lockout control shaft

Does anyone have a good way to remove the retainer pin on the lockout control arm,short of drilling it out? I have ruined 3 different punches tring to drive it out.

Is there any possibility that it is a tapered pin and you are whacking the fat end instead of the skinny end?

How about some heat?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Well, it has a head on top but it doesn't go all the way through, my spare came rite out as it should but this one is fighting me all the way, not sure what's next.

Comment

As Roy suggests, the pins are tapered and need to be punched up from the bottom, a little heat will help.
        Cheers
        Stu

Comment

Well I got it out,but when I went to pull the tail housing off it pulled the guts rite out of the main gear box. Now I have a T86 in lots of peices all over the table,OOPS, so the plan was to drive it for awhile then put a T10 in but now the time frame just moved up

Comment

Yes. You have to push/tap the rear main shaft in while removing the OD case. At least the overdrive is easier to reassemble than the three speed gearbox at the front of the transmission.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

My spare trans.slide off clean,but the other one hung on for dear life. I did tap on the tail shaft as I pulled the case but maybe that is why it didn't work rite. Something must be hung up. So I think I have 2 T86's I won't be using.

Comment

Working...
              X