X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom
    Thanks for your very detailed post.

Comment

LOL wrong band clamps .. well .. now I'm using the right U-Bolt clamps! .... so there wont be a next time. If someone else wants to try janky band clamps, the ones WCP suggested may have a chance of NOT ending up in your scrap bin. 64V saw your PM, nice bracket, where did you put the O2 sensors?

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

How do the Flowmaster Hushpower mufflers sound? I've considered using them but was worried they might be too loud.
        james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
          You are using the wrong band clamps! The ones made by Tenneco and supplied by Summit Racing use 2 hardened bolts to tighten the sleeve around the joint. When torqued to the specified rating, the pipes will not slip or turn. They are available in overlap and butt style. Follow the instructions and you will have a neat, rock solid and leakproof connection that can be disassembled easily. The SS pipes on my Daytona HT have never moved over several thousand miles.
          The leak-proof feature of the band clamps is very appealing. I have always had to use muffler cement when using conventional clamps. And slit the outer pipe to allow the clamps to compress the outside pipe tight on the inside pipe. Otherwise, I would have several leaks, as on one of my Avantis (exhaust system installed by resto shop).

So, the band clamps look promising. Mine are "TorcTite Easy Seal". They have grade 8 bolts, with a little lazy S in a circle on the heads. I believe they came from Summit Racing. I haven't installed them yet.

-Dwight

Comment

I will need to make a video, at the moment the Avanti II needs a radiator, its supposed to arrive tomorrow. I just did the one in the 1963 Avanti, I swear these cars get jealous of each other when one gets something new, the other one wants it also!!! They don't call cars "she" for nothing!

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Thomas,
              Were you ever able to post the pics? I am very interested as I plan the same for my Avanti.
              Bill

Comment

I do not even see any Picture Names, Format Names or ANYTHING, just BLANK with the statements about them! .

Using Windows 10 and Firefox Browser.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                  Thomas,
                  Were you ever able to post the pics? I am very interested as I plan the same for my Avanti.
                  Bill
                  Originally posted by StudeRich
                  I do not even see any Picture Names, Format Names or ANYTHING, just BLANK with the statements about them! .
                  Bill, the pictures are there. For some reason, using Google Chrome or using Internet Exploder, the pics can't be seen. I ended up downloading FireFox and the pics are there!

Rich, try this -- hit quote on Tom's original post, and when the 'reply' box pops up with the quote in it, you will be able to see the picture formatting (or whatever it's called).
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I do not know what to tell you guys that do not see the pictures other than they ARE there and I posted what my tech friend suggested.

I posed then the way I have posted ALL my pictures from day one on here. So I would assume any of my tech articles I spent so much time on are not showing up for some of you. That is really a shame too .. lots and lots of time invested. I will be posting up they same install for the 1963 Avanti and the aluminum Griffin Radiator mods for both.

So its worth downloading the better Firefox browser. As to why you do not see them Rich WITH Firefox .... shrugg

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
                      64V saw your PM, nice bracket, where did you put the O2 sensors?

Tom
                      0ne in each headpipe
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                      X