Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinehurstbob
    replied
    Thanks Dave. It is comforting to see that I am not alone. Do not know how I missed your tread since I have been trying to sort out this problem for a while.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• NCDave51
    replied
    Also see my recent thread on the new Dorman studs from Stud-Intl that also had and excessive interference fit:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....g-in-hub-studs

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
    StudeGary..... Check your PM's.....
    I never use them, but I will try.

EDIT: I saw it, thanks. It is hard to imagine it is the same car. It is a different color and went from NY to FL to CA. I wonder if the Serial Number is really correct (the same as my 1964). What was the source of the information?
    Last edited by studegary; 05-05-2021, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    StudeGary..... Check your PM's.....

Leave a comment:

• pinehurstbob
    replied
    No one has mentioned wheel studs. I am in the process of changing the studs on my 60 Lark ( V 8 drum brakes) and picked up a pair of newer drums. I say newer because they are the smooth kind with double lips at the baking plate. This style is on my 64. My 60 drum only has 1 lip at the backing plate. One hub was bad on the drums I bought so I am using my hub that came on my 60 and now find that the hole for the stud is 20 thousands smaller. I am afraid to press in the studs with that much difference in size and the hub is now at a machine shop to be sized correctly for the studs. I always thought they were the same but I have discovered a difference. Can hardly wait for the front to be done so I can tackle the back.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Starting in 1954 they are the same size bearings. Earlier were different (larger).

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    thanks..............
    / I know the 64 style bearing sets are A2 and A6 / Which sets are the the earlier ones?
    Last edited by 64V-K7; 05-02-2021, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Rotor Hubs are NOT the same as Drum Hubs.

Seals, Inner and Outer Cups and Bearings for '56 to '66 are different (smaller) than earlier.

I hope you did not BET much!

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Sorry,I meant to include Front brake drum/rotor hubs

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
    I'm sure this is true, but need someone to back my position. All brake drum HUBS are the same from 51-66 and that all take the A2 and A6 bearing sets. I wondering about the grease seals though. I have an inkling that the 55 and earlier are different on that point, as well as the lugs being RH/LH.

thx
    No.
    For rear axles: I believe the bearings are the same for 1955 - 1965 with tapered axles. I believe that the seals are the same for 1955 - 1966, except 23 & 27 axles are different from 44 axles.

Please correct me if I am wrong on this (didn't look in parts books).

EDIT: Please disregard the above. I was answering for rear axle and I just noticed that the topic says front axle. Instead of deleting it all, I thought that I would leave the information for others.

EDIT II: For the front, I believe that the bearings and seals are the same for 1956 - 1966.
    Please correct me if I am wrong on this (didn't look in parts books).
    Last edited by studegary; 05-02-2021, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    started a topic Brakes: Brake drum hubs

Brake drum hubs

I'm sure this is true, but need someone to back my position. All brake drum HUBS are the same from 51-66 and that all take the A2 and A6 bearing sets. I wondering about the grease seals though. I have an inkling that the 55 and earlier are different on that point, as well as the lugs being RH/LH.

thx
Working...
X