No announcement yet.

Shifter linkage seal replacement

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dwain G.
    Do the seals you got look like these? They also have a metal shell, just coated with black rubber.

    Leave a comment:

  • StudeRich
    The Rubber "O" Ring Seals are for the Throttle Pressure Shaft on an Automatic Trans.
    The Manual Trans. Seals are as your Old Ones, a Metal Case with the Lip Seal inside. Part Number: 674869.

    If you made the mistake of Ordering by Description, and Not Part Number THAT would be your problem.
    The "Order Takers" are not Mechanics, but if they sent the Wrong Parts, then it's on them.

    Leave a comment:

  • Shifter linkage seal replacement

    I am working on putting new seals on my trans with overdrive. I have the new seals from SI. They are rubber. When I take off the linkage it has a metal like seal in the opening. Is that just a pressed in seal and the rubber is behind it?

    How do I remove it without damaging it? Any suggestions?
    Attached Files