Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Transmission

Howdy,
    According to the manual, I seem to be missing the “Second speed drive pawl” parts on the rear extension of my DG-150 automatic transmission.
    Were there some versions that didn’t have this, because it shifts smoothly through all three speeds?

Any advice appreciated!

Micah

The "Automatic Drive Shop Manual first edition" that I just got (see my own post on my no-reverse problem) has a 1954 Champion DG150 supplement at the end. It describes the "second-speed drive pawl" being used to prevent a downshift to 1st gear under heavy acceleration. So, unless you've floored it to downshift in the right condition, you might not have noticed what it does.

Looking further, what's missing from your transmission in the picture matches the image of the Champion model A.D. pictured earlier in my book. What's missing are the parts related to the governor control used in the Commander/V8 models.
    See picture attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	commander vs champion extension.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1891312

Comment

Your transmission doesn't use that. The 1953 version of the SAD manual explains it. (Last part of second paragraph)
      Click on photo to expand.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	DGdirect.drive 021.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1891326
      So.....if I'm 'pre-approved' why do you want me to fill out an application?

Comment

Thank you both for the clarification and photos. I sure appreciate the help.
        You guys are awesome!

Micah

Comment

Working...
        X