No announcement yet.

questions upon the lacquer enamel paints and how they were applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old adage: “There are (used to be) good body men, and old body men, but there are (used to be) no good old body men.”

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
      Old adage: “There are (used to be) good body men, and old body men, but there are (used to be) no good old body men.”
      How true. When this topic started I got to thinking about full time body men that I knew from the 1950s - 1960s. They all died by the time that they were 65. I am glad that I only worked at this on a part time basis and off and on at that.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I've been painting cars from 1972 and 71 years old today. Painted enough car if I lined them all up they would hit CA from Minnesota. Used about every kind of paint ever produced sometimes with a good mask sometimes not. Can remember when everyone sprayed acrylic Enamel with a catalyst and your eyes would be watering and nose running before you where done with nothing but a fan in the window. Still at it but I'm sure someday I'm going to die.

Comment

Got to tell this story. Middle 70's I went to South Bend (IM maybe). Think I was outside the Avanti factory. Got into a conversation with a old studebaker employee. He stated he painted the first Studebakers with a paint brush.

Comment

Working...
          X