Trunk floor patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Trunk floor patches

Is there another vendor who sells the trunk floor panels with the corner supports? I also would like to replace the rear inner fenders. I have been calling and emailing Classic Enterprise asking about their trunk floor and rear quarter patches for my 57 Hawk without replies. Anyone know if they are out of business?
    Bill's 57

I can't verify if they are still open (I too got the "leave a message") but I suspect they are. For what it is worth you will probably have to hand fabricate the pieces that are not reproduced, that is what I did with my 53 coupe or.....if you are lucky find a parts car with good pieces (if you do buy a lottery ticket...it's your lucky day),
    There is another person that does repro tail panels but.....can't remember his name, his pieces were better quality (or so I understand) than Classics. Someone else may have a better memory for names than I.

Comment

Originally posted by 1953champcoupe View Post
      There is another person that does repro tail panels but.....can't remember his name, .
      Probably thinking of Leroy Cary at Cary's Fabricating in Virginia.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

yep, Leroy Cary, thanks to rockne10 Just one of many things I've forgotten
        here is contact info https://studebaker-info.org/rjvs.html#cary this came from the vendor list in the SDC has an email address embedded.

Comment

Cary's work is the best,I used his floor pans.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I tried the phone number of Classic again and they did answer and provided me the information on their trunk floor plans. Classic does not provide the inner rear fender pieces located behind the rear wheel so I will try Cory.
            Bill

Comment

Bill, please let us know what you find out. I need the left inner rear fender piece for a '64 Cruiser. I'm thinking that if he makes them for Hawks, then he may do the same for the Lark types.

Comment

Classic Enterprises, and all car parts people, may not be able to run and answer the phone all the time because we are busy. Best way is to email or leave a message. Classic makes many good quality parts for Studebakers and we are lucky to have them..

Comment

In general Leroy's parts fit better than the parts from Classic, but he costs more and doesn't make as many different parts. We need them both to keep our cars going.
                  Wayne
                  "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X