No announcement yet.

'55 K5 - trim no. code breaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: '55 K5 - trim no. code breaker?

In the article about the 1955 Studebaker vehicle year, Fred Fox made the comment that it was a really complicated and extensive year for many aspects of car production - switching to a different dog-house on sedans half way through did not help . . .

The only real mention of interiors in the article states that it would take a whole Turning Wheels just to go through all the interior type information that was available in 1955 and left it at that.

I am looking to see if any one can decipher the trim number code on my '55 K5 - just got the production order in today and that is the only thing I am left scratching my head about.

Thanks ahead.

Pretty sure it's just the Upholstery Pattern, Material and Color. After 65 Years, does it still matter since it is probably Gone?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      After 65 Years, does it still matter since it is probably Gone?
      It was gone when the car was first restored in the mid-80s - just curious as to what was originally in there. The person who did the restoration made the choice to get rid of all the chrome trim pieces on the door and quarter panels as well - ah well

Comment

I researched the trim on my 55 C3 when i got my production order, the best i could find:

Click image for larger version

Name:	55 trim upholstery copy.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1888887

Cheers
        Stu

Comment

Hmmm, the 8200 Series may be with the President Vinyl shown on Pg, 2B and 2D not posted. Only the P-2500 Series Numbers are on this Pg. 2A?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'm not sure where i found this page, i would like to see the 8200 series as my car code was 8230 TL Vinyl 220.
            Cheers
            Stu

Comment

Anyone on the weekend Studebaker tech crew help out?

Comment

Working...
              X