Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'50 Champion tail light lens info. needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiftystarlightcoupe
    replied
    I appreciate everyones information on this. I never knew they made two different patterns on these lenses. Thanks again!

Chuck/Ohio 9G-C5

Leave a comment:

• Lothar
    replied
    Matthew is correct. There was a change in styles mid-year on the Champion. I originally had the "small single circle" style on my late 1950 Champion, but one of them broke, so I replaced them with a pair of the "double circle" style. While I agree with Kurtruk that the double circle style is probably somewhat better for turn signals, my car had OEM turn signals and the "small single circle" taillights.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
    Holdrege NE

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Maybe a mid-year change? Different lenses used for Indiana vs. California built cars? Could be any number of reasons.

BTW, the '50 Commander lens was totally different.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• cabrina
    replied
    Hi Fiftystarlightcoupe!

Here is a photo of the lens off my car. It is a Champion with turn signals. Hope this helps.

Cabrina Dieters
    Murfreesboro TN
    1950 Starlight Coupe

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied

Seems the one with dual circular pattern would work better for added turn-signal.
    Checking the 47-50 Chassis parts catalog, illustration #0619-18A shows for 50 Champion (smooth) and 0619-18B for 50 Commander with two dots or teats. But just a drawing. Someone that owns these models would know better than me.

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    Only one of my four books shows tail light lens, the chassis parts catalog. For a 9G, it shows only one (with no visual rendering), part number 289838. In searching for mine, all I ever found was the one on the bottom left of your pic. I don't know why the difference.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Leave a comment:

• '50 Champion tail light lens info. needed.

Could anyone tell me why these ('50 Champion) lenses have different patterns? Both are glass and are identical otherwise. The lens with the circular inner pattern reads: T-9G, the other reads: T 9G-6. I'm lost.

Chuck/Ohio 9G-C5
Working...
X