No announcement yet.

1964 Avanti..single leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Johnstones Studebaker Resource Website (Rear Axle Bearing Maintenance) (studebaker-info.org)

Comment

It may not be relevant. 1955 Dana 3.54 on my President State Sedan.
      Charlie D.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5845.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1888198

Comment

Good pic Charlie. That looks like the wheel bearing 'weep hole' that John Clary was referring to.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Sure does!

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
            Good pic Charlie. That looks like the wheel bearing 'weep hole' that John Clary was referring to.
            Yes...THAT'S IT! Thanks, Charlie. You just saved me the trouble of trying to get my own picture or the guilt of being too lazy to do it myself.

It could be that the location may have migrated a bit through different model years but it couldn't have changed much in order to be effective. Like Paul says, "Good picture." I would have a very difficult time getting such a clean shot (greasy axles, red clay dirt, and spider webs, etc.). Is that frame pic from an ongoing or finished project?
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Finished project; at least on the outside. It was a body off the frame restoration. I love to take pictures of the progress. I did a properties search on the pictures taken of the President State Sedan project and the number was 11,834. Some of those are duplicates; like when I compress one for a forum post or an update. It reminds me of the time, effort and money that went into the project.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X