Rear seat interchange - 2-door / 4-door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Rear seat interchange - 2-door / 4-door

Does any one know if the rear seat bottom from a 1963 two door sedan will fit a four door same year? I can not find the seat even listed in the parts book. Thanks

Originally posted by fastjohnll View Post
    Does any one know if the rear seat bottom from a 1963 two door sedan will fit a four door same year? I can not find the seat even listed in the parts book. Thanks
    Well..............I can't find it in the Body Parts Manual either! Maybe StudeRich will weigh in on this, since he was a Studebaker Parts Man. StudeRich
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

There is a Note in the Front Seat and Station Wagon Rear Seat Section 2127, Pg. 207 in the '59-'64 Body Parts Catalog that "Basically" says: Interior Trim Parts: Seat Bottoms, Backs, Covers etc. are not listed, to call the Plant 8 Main Warehouse with the Car Serial Number and Body Number for Ordering.

The "BOOK" from "Studebaker" SASCO listing all the Colors of Seat Covers and Door/Quarter Panels, etc. by the actual Part Numbers for all Interior trim Parts not Listed in Catalogs "WAS" in the Engineering Building with the Parts when the 3 or more Buyers bought the Interior Parts. It "SHOULD BE" at Starlight Studebaker, but I do not think it is?

I see no reason that the Non Convertible or Wagon Rear Seat Backs and Bottoms would not interchange on Larks and Lark Types.
      It HAS come up here before and I believe my advice worked, as I recall, would I say that "Under Oath", maybe Not!

There is ONE Model that I know the Seat Back does not Fit and it's not so much a Model difference, but the YEAR.
      The Rear Package Tray on GT Hawks is so different in height that the '53-'61 C & K Seat Backs will not interchange without modification.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-30-2021, 09:37 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The 1963 rear seat bottoms are different between a 2 door and 4 door. I have a friend who has a 4 door seat bottom and needs to swap for a 2 door rear seat bottom. Shown here is the seat for the 4 door which is incorrect for the car in the picture. It has rounded ends to rotate your knees around getting in and out of a 4 door car. The 2 door seats go straight across in the front. Do you want to make a trade fastjohnII?

Click image for larger version

Name:	102_4182.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1887699

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
          The 1963 rear seat bottoms are different between a 2 door and 4 door. I have a friend who has a 4 door seat bottom and needs to swap for a 2 door rear seat bottom. Shown here is the seat for the 4 door which is incorrect for the car in the picture. It has rounded ends to rotate your knees around getting in and out of a 4 door car. The 2 door seats go straight across in the front. Do you want to make a trade fastjohnII?
          Hmmm...............this forum is great, the knowledge of all the participants is awesome. Even though I have 6 Studes that are 2-doors, and two that are 4-doors, I never noticed the difference in the rear seat bottoms. Thanks Jeff!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Studefan, I do not think that would work since I live in Wisconsin.

Comment

I did a swap from a 62 4dr to a 63 2dr back in the 80s. The seat fit in ok, but will admit I never noticed a difference in the corners.
              American iron, real old school
              With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
              With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
              With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
              The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
              I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Starlite sent me covers for my 64 Wagonaire. The rear seat bottom was too big and had to be restitched to fit. I can see where the sedan seat would be wider on the 64.
                sigpic
                Claude Chmielewski
                Studeski
                http://www.studeski.com
                Fillmore, Wisconsin
                47 M-16 Truck
                53 Commander Regal HT
                53 2R5
                60 Lark VIII Convertible
                60 5E7 Champ pickup
                62 5E7 Champ no box
                62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                63 Lark VI parts car
                63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                64 Commander Wagonaire
                64 Daytona Convertible
                50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                36 Dictator
                36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

So what's the harm in having a Square cornered 2 Dr. Seat Bottom in a 4 Door? Does ANYONE Ever sit back there?
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

fastjohnII, please check your private messages. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X