62 GT hard line fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 62 GT hard line fittings

Does anyone have info handy for complete re-plumbing 3/16" brake hard lines on a stock 62 GT 4 wheel manual drum brakes to include thread size and fitting count for male and female tube nuts and brass tee fittings required.

www.Inlinetube.com or www.classictube.com If they don't have what you need, ask them about sending yours in for a pattern.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

I'm going to use the old lines as a pattern to make new nicopp lines. Just looking to see if someone else did this recently and has a record of how many flare nuts they purchased. My son is picking up some tubing from Speedway and I was having him pick up the flare nuts also. Just don't have the old ones off yet.

Comment

They would be the same as the ones you take off the car. All lines this size will have the same fitting. I Usually get bendable steel but the nickel-copper lines are less likely to crimp. Use a tubing bender. If you use bulk line, you MUST double flare the ends so you'll need to buy , borrow, or rent a double flaring tool.

Comment

The flare nut thread is 3/8"-24 I think there are 13 of them. One "T" for the brake light switch, one for the two front lines and one at the master (mine was a "T-run"type), I can't remember if there's one on the rear axle or if its part of the hose like a Ford. I'm thinking the hose screws into a "T". I changed all that stuff to a different system but I don't recall the "T"s being simple standard "T"s. I'm thinking a dozen or so flare nuts should get you there unless you add some unions to make installation easier; your existing "T"s should do.

Comment

Rick, yes, there is a "T" at the rear end. It bolts to the left side of the housing.

Comment

Thanks, that helps. since they come in 5 packs I'll get 3 of those:
              https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Stain...ck,399766.html

Comment

Working...
              X