1963 GT Hawk Rear-View Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1963 GT Hawk Rear-View Mirror

I'm not sure if this is a "tech" question or not. I have a "floppy" rear view mirror (the inside one). I see 2 little screws that LOOK like they would be what I would tighten to fix the problem but they are as tight as she gets! Any suggestions?

I would remove the screws and look to see if there is a way to build a small shim to tighten it up. If you build it small enough no one should be the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      I would remove the screws and look to see if there is a way to build a small shim to tighten it up. If you build it small enough no one should be the wiser.
      I will consider that. Thanks!

Comment

Seems like a thin shim/washer was used to tighten the bracket against the ball eons ago. also have heard of people roughing up the ball to get same results. Luck Doofus

Comment

My rear view (inside) mirror ('63 Hawk) needs to be replaced (corrosion) - Has anyone replaced it with a "bolt-in" "dimable/day-night mirror(I want to avoid a glue-on if possible)? Might just as well improve the usefulness at the same time.
          Thanks, PaulK

Comment

Finding a Good Day/Night STUDEBAKER AC Mirror would be the same as a finding Needle in a Haystack.
            So some Mods to the Stem and Mount may allow an "Other Make" Day/Night rear view Mirror to be used, or even Aftermarket.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
            X