Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R2 Fuel Pump availability

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fuel System: R2 Fuel Pump availability

    Who sells one that doesn't require a core?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

  • #2
    Check with Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

    Comment


    • #3
      The Carter R2 pumps I believe are no longer available. However, Phil sells a Chrysler version that is a very good substitute. It needs to be reclocked however.
      Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      58 C Cab
      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

      Comment


      • #4
        Cores of Original OEM R1 or R2 Carters are so rare, you almost always need one for a re-build

        The New Production ARE available; Actuator Levers bent for Studes and re-clocked, for R2's Vents are Plugged, and Reference Line Port drilled and Tapped.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

        Comment


        • #5
          Rebuild your old one (If you have it) . This is one time I'm going to recommend you purchase not from a Stude vendor, and get the better kit .

          Carter High Performance X Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit - Dead Nuts On
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com


          "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
            Rebuild your old one (If you have it) . This is one time I'm going to recommend you purchase not from a Stude vendor, and get the better kit .

            Carter High Performance X Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit - Dead Nuts On
            I'm looking for a spare....
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              Rebuild your old one (If you have it) . This is one time I'm going to recommend you purchase not from a Stude vendor, and get the better kit .

              Carter High Performance X Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit - Dead Nuts On
              I've used this kit. It is a great kit... I've tried to rotate the picture but keeps uploading this one.. The listed kit is installed on the one on the bottom.
              The diaphragm is thicker than other kits, and is as thick as the original. Top pump is other brand kit.


              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-3373.JPG Views:	29 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	1885323 ‚Äč
              Last edited by SScopelli; 03-16-2021, 12:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                StudeRich, where are the NEW production pumps sold? thanks
                gfperry

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by arkusvt View Post
                  StudeRich, where are the NEW production pumps sold? thanks
                  Turning Wheels Advertisers: Fairborn Studebaker and a few other Studebaker Vendors.
                  These are Avanti Type Carter Super Pumps that MAY interfere with the Left Engine Mount Bracket on C & K Models and Pre-1963 GT Hawks.

                  https://studebakervendors.com
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 03-15-2021, 08:17 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

                    Turning Wheels Advertisers: Fairborn Studebaker and a few other Studebaker Vendors.
                    These are Avanti Type Carter Super Pumps that MAY interfere with the Left Engine Mount Bracket on C & K Models and Pre-1963 GT Hawks.

                    https://studebakervendors.com
                    So does anyone sell these "new" pumps that use: Carter High Performance X Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit - Dead Nuts On
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                      So does anyone sell these "new" pumps that use: Carter High Performance X Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit - Dead Nuts On
                      NO, you need to have saved your OEM Original Carter or horded some. as mentioned in Post #4.

                      The NEW Pumps on the other hand, are good to GO with Ethanol resistant Parts so your Car won't need a Repair Kit until after we are all gone!

                      By then, it is likely that GASOLINE will be Gone!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

                        NO, you need to have saved your OEM Original Carter or horded some. as mentioned in Post #4.

                        The NEW Pumps on the other hand, are good to GO with Ethanol resistant Parts so your Car won't need a Repair Kit until after we are all gone!

                        By then, it is likely that GASOLINE will be Gone!
                        Got it!...Thanks again.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In June of 2014 I installed a "New" fuel pump from Studebaker International. It lasted only 2600 miles before dying in Sept 2019.... Hence, my concern...
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                            In June of 2014 I installed a "New" fuel pump from Studebaker International. It lasted only 2600 miles before dying in Sept 2019.... Hence, my concern...
                            That IS a valid concern, are you talking about a New Modified for Studebaker R1/R2 Carter Super Pump for a Mopar?
                            Because if it was an Airtex Standard V8 Pump, I guess you know the answer!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

                              That IS a valid concern, are you talking about a New Modified for Studebaker R1/R2 Carter Super Pump for a Mopar?
                              Because if it was an Airtex Standard V8 Pump, I guess you know the answer!
                              I don't know the brand....what ever SI had at the time.....and, no, I don't know what answer you had in mind.

                              I replaced it with one from Meyer's.....#1557015.....hope it's better quality....now have only 300 miles on it since Sept 2019.
                              Lou Van Anne
                              62 Champ
                              64 R2 GT Hawk
                              79 Avanti II

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X